January 7, 2012

Sunny Days in December

      For Christmas this year, we were fortunate enough to spend a few days in California with my family. The weather could not have been better, 75-80 degrees everyday. One of the highlights was spending an afternoon riding bikes around balboa island. The sun felt so good, and the beach was perfect that day- not to mention the delicious balboa bars we got to eat. Apparently my Dad used to live in that area and he guided us to a bunch of sweet spots around the island.
        Christmas was such a great day, it was fun being at home in my mother's very decked out christmas abode. If you don't notice... we all wore matching sweaters and ties to church that day- my sisters were a little mortified by the idea, but it made the day even more festive. James and I ended our trip at the Salt Lake City airport where we were able to greet Andrew Johansen in return from his mission in Barcelona, Spain. We are so excited to have Andrew back, and as I am getting to know him and the rest of the Johansen clan, I realize just how blessed I have been to marry into such an amazing family!










No comments:

Post a Comment