November 7, 2013

What A Little Gentleman

I have a friend who is having a baby boy soon, and I thought a few bow-ties would be a cute gift for her. I found a very simple tutorial on Pinterest. I adjusted the measurements a little to make the bow-ties a bit smaller (3-6 months). Hers are a little bit bigger than I would like. She also used interfacing, which I preferred not to use. I found them to be a little too bulky with the interfacing inside. Here are the fabric measurements I used:

Bow: 8" by 4" 
Neck strap:  13" by 2 1/2" 
Center: 2" by 2" 
Velcro: I just cut a little piece that fit well.

I followed her instructions found HERE.

You will notice the bows pictured below are different sizes. The chevron bow & blue bow were made using my measurements, and the polka dot bow was made using the original measurements. 


No comments:

Post a Comment